Eastbourne for New Years

Yes I am late. Very late indeed. Let's pretend it isn't April already and focus on the beauty that is Eastbourne. Our decision to go there for New Year's might have been a little unusual. And sure, in popular opinion the seaside is best enjoyed during the summer when the sun is blazing and you can skip into the ocean whenever you fancy. But there also is something to say for the roughness of a winter sea. When waves crash powerfully and the wind is howling around you. Nature in its full forth may not be pretty exactly but it's none the less magnificent.

So on New Year's Day we stayed in pyjamas until noon lazing about before wrapping up warm and heading ou to the beach. The sky rumbled gloomily and we breathed in the fresh air we had been thoroughly missing while stuck in the big city brunt.




Even on the rainiest of days beaches have a habit of bringing out our inner child (it took K all of three minutes to jump around and run off exploring).



Well ok, I was the one who ran off. But I never could resist playing around the shore; daring as far forward as possible only to run back to safety once the waves roll back in.





I spy with my little eye



Look at the waves crash and roll. Ironically, I find this extremely calming. All the stress rolls right off with them leaving a sense of quiet.



See, I told you: very adventurous things going on right here.




As cliché as it sounds, the scenary does let you feel small.



Back



Ans forth



And further




And back again



I never love my Hunters more than when I can jump into puddles (no matter what size) and have my feet remain cozy, warm and dry.






Eventually, K managed to coax me out of the waves and we strolled along the deserted pier.




We pointed out splendid hotels and imagined all kinds of scandalous stories that went on behind these walls.





We ended our tour at the Pier bridge itself which posed an eerily beautiful sight.



Happy with our walk we returned home and jumped right back under the blankets watching movies and chatting away. We had the loveliest little cottage but unfortunately I missed taking pictures.



And before I finish this post, have a throwback to the night before. The most relaxing New Year's Eve with bubbly and fire. Going out (and in) in style.


Comments

Popular Posts