Hampstead Hunting Ground

The day after we went to Hogwarts was bright and sunny and absolutely made for hiking. After breakfast we set out to Hampstead Heath for some mountain climbing (although I have since been laughed at by my Austrian roommate for my definition of mountain).




As you might have expected, owing to the lovely weather we were far from alone on our hike.



Our ultimate goal was Kenwood House which recently opened after having been renovated. However, we ignored all maps and route plans and thus it took us quite some time of exploring and wandering about. But it was well worth it!








The architecture outside as well as inside is beautiful. The renovations have been undertaken with great attention to small details. K and I were ready to move in straight away. We even split all the rooms amongst ourselves.









All the rooms were adorned with old paintings and memorabilia and the very friendly staff is happy to explain the origin and journey to Kenwood House of all of them.






By far my favourite room was the library! It was magnificent and bright and wonderful and every dream come true since I first saw Disney's version of Beauty and the Beast remaining forever jealous of Belle's library. This one does come pretty close, doesn't it?






I cannot recommend a trip to Kenwood highly enough. The entry is free and the small garden restaurant beside is serves a great array of hot meals and cake (I am still dreaming about the honey nut tart). All in all, the perfect location for a weekend excursion. You can find them here.

Comments

Popular Posts