Bakin' Hot

At long last summer has returned to Berlin and I have been out greeting my old friend the sun all morning while running errands. Once I returned it was lunch time and with nothing much to do to pass the time until September cooking has become an elaborate activity for me. Having a chemo therapy patient in the household limits the possibilities somewhat as their stomach can't take a lot of different foods (eg. tomatoes, peppers, beans, lemon, etc.). So in order to keep the never-ending cycle of fish or chicken with zucchini from becoming too boring I try to add as many flavours as possible to every meal.

Lately, I discovered my love for all things baked. It's childishly easy, just grab a pan and throw together whatever you think will work. Today we made chicken legs with potatoes, spring onions, fennel, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes (only for me of course) and lots of herbs. 

Because patience is definitely not my virtue I pre-cooked the potatoes and chicken to minimise the baking time. First, peel and dice the potatoes and boil them for 15 minutes. 


Clean and season the chicken to taste and fry in a pan for about 5 minutes. 

In the meantime chop your spring onions, fennel, zucchini and peppers (I used cherry tomatoes so those remained as they were). 


Then throw everything into a pan, pour in some broth (I used 200ml of chicken broth), and put loads of herbs on top for extra flavour. 



Put into the oven at 225 degrees (Celsius) for 30 minutes...

...et voilá. 


See, I told you, maddeningly easy.

 

Comments

Popular Posts