Out for a run

I started it of this week with an early morning run. Now, while St Andrews is nowhere near as rainy as it is made out to be, a bright and shiny sun is not exactly a common sight. Most days we are stuck with a slightly depressing mix of grey skies and misty fog. So, I just had to take the opportunity to document my usual running route immersed in sun light just in case this never happens again...which is admittedly unlikely.

Anyway, the picture quality is a bit worse than normal as I don't (read: cannot) take my camera on my runs. Consequently, these were taking with my trusty phone. I think they turned out alright. But let's get started:



This is what St Andrews looks like on the verge of waking up on early Monday mornings.



One thing I am still fascinated by is how different the landscape can look depending on the tide. Going for a run an hour earlier or later can drastically change the view.




There is always something glorious about first entering a beach. Seeing the sea and walking towards it has such a calming and liberating effect.






I sould, in all fairness, say that I would not be going for a run nearly as often if it wasn't for my lovely flatmate. Unfortunately, she couldn't make it on this particular run but we both have enjoyed the scenery plenty of times before. It will be a sad day when I have to leave those beach runs behind.

Comments

Popular Posts